Unravel advice from the bright side in “And the Good News Is…” by Dana Perino.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Dana Marie Perino is an American political analyst and blogger, serving as the 24th White House Press Secretary under President George W. Bush from 14 September 2007 to 20 January 2009. She was the second female White House Press Secretary, Dee Dee Myers, who served in the Clinton administration. She is currently a political analyst for Fox News, as well as co-host of the network talk show The Five, and is an executive writing book at Random House. She started hosting The Daily Briefing with Dana Perino on Fox News on October 2, 2017.
Perino was recruited by Andy Card, White House Chief of Staff, two months after the September 11 attacks. Initially, she was Associate Director of Marketing at the CEQ White House as mentioned at length in “And the Good News is….”
Perino served as Deputy Secretary of the Press from 2005 to 2007. From March 27 to April 30, 2007, she was acting White House Press Secretary, when Tony Snow was undergoing treatment for colon cancer. On August 31, 2007, President George W. Bush declared that Snow would resign for health reasons and that Perino would become his successor. Perino served as Advisor to the President and Secretary of the White House Press from 14 September 2007 to the conclusion of the Bush administration in January 2009.
On 14 December 2008, a TV journalist, Muntadhar al-Zaidi, hurled two shoes at Bush during a press conference in Baghdad. Bush was successful in dodging both of them, but Perino’s eye was injured by a microphone stand during the commotion around al-arrest. Zaidi’s
PARENTAL SUPPORT – DANA’S STRENGHTH
But what prepared her to have such a turmoil filled political career. She owes this credit to her parents and thereby stresses a great deal on expressing their role in letting her become a political icon. Dana and her sister Angie were supposed to discuss the latest affairs at the dinner table. Every afternoon, from the third grade on, Perino read the Rocky Mountain News and the Denver Post before her dad, Leo, got home from work. Dana’s father has subscribed to various political magazines such as Time, U.S. News & World Report, National Review and Newsweek.
It didn’t take long, of course, for the young Dana to become obsessive – so obsessed, in particular, that she insisted on her family attending the early church service on Sunday so that she could get home in time to catch the morning talk shows. She read them to prepare for a debate on two papers of the day. Leo told NewsMax that he needed his children to realize that there were still two sides to each story. It was the tradition of Leo that made her involved in journalism. She also joined the high school debating team when she was 13 and went on to college. She said the discussion had a significant effect on her life.
POLITICS AND ETHICS
As per “And the Good News Is…”, she enrolled in the Colorado State University of Pueblo in 1994. She was a major in marketing and philosophy, and she earned a full scholarship for her debate.
When she grew up she even defied the opinion of his own family. Despite a conservative background, she considered voting for former President Bill Clinton after visiting her campus for a protest. She couldn’t recall what he meant, but she recognized the seductive energy of his campaign. Her plan to become a reporter was faltering, and she ended up refusing to interview a mother about her 2-year-old son who had been murdered.
Find out about her journey as discussed in the book, “And the Good News is….”
How to prepare the CA final test series by a question and marks wise?
Tips for CA Exams 2021. Yes, we definitely become concerned, especially the candidate appeared and their parents, hearing those words. We all know the passing percentage, the protracted papers and the confusing questions. But here are our suggestions for dealing with all this fuss: Now check “How to face CA tests?” from the bottom…..
Make a Good Plan:
Make sure you have a great plan in your hand before you start your studies. It shouldn’t be unrealistic and it shouldn’t challenge you either. As important as preparation is planning!
Good preparation leads to good execution:
Make sure that you prepare your exams honestly, faithfully and sincerely. This will be helped by a well planned study schedule. You have to study according to the question type and marks wise. Find what subject you are well prepared and also in which you are weak. Do not compare your preparation with someone else’s preparation. Each of them has their own ability & study, style, try every day to improve their own strategy.
Always Be Positive:
Sometimes it will be easy to give up and difficult to hold up. But I’m sure you’ll be successful if you don’t give up at the critical moment.
Talk to Motivating People:
Meet people that influence you positively and guide you. Talk to your mentors and parents about your plans, and tell them about your progress regularly.
Avoid Social Networking:
Whether you agree or not, however, social networking spends plenty of time. Either you avoid whatever app or facebook, etc. completely, or you restrict your use to a certain time.
Eat healthy foods; avoid oily stuff:
Have a balanced and healthy diet. Avoid fast foods, junk foods, oily or cheesy foods. Eat fruit, veggies and fresh fruit. So, stay fit and eat healthy.
Even during your exams, you have to sleep for at least 6 hours a day. Short snacks are proved more productive between them.
The volume of the curriculum CA is known for. Therefore, make sure that you cover the entire curriculum and at least once can review it prior to exams. You can easily write your own briefing notes.
Solve Sample Papers:
The Institute organizes regular CA Final Test Series Nov 2021. You can enjoy the same thing. If this is not possible, there are also a number of previous examination questions on our CATestSeries website. Sample papers can definitely help you to understand and improve your deficiencies and then compare your solution with the suggested and analyze your faculties from the same. You will also have the dress – the final show rehearsal – your examination day!
Proper Time Management:
Time management is again an important thing that you shouldn’t forget about when solving the paper. We often get so busy writing our answers that we forget to run time and thus can’t finish our papers completely. We can certainly improve our tests if we have a correct plan on how much time we spend on a particular question.
Attempt All Questions:
Something very important again, yes. Even if you don’t know a couple of answers, at least try them. Write down as much as you know and try to try. You may not get full marks, but they certainly will increase your score.
Confused about online learning sites? Read what experts are saying about them.
You must be living under a rock if you didn’t come across the terms “app for teaching online” teaching apps”, “Online classes”, “Online learning sites” in recent times. Extensive research and development in the field of technology and in developing tools to transform education with changing times led to the introduction of online learning platforms to human civilization. It has been trending in the education sector for the past few years and for the very right reasons. It has made an impact on almost every section of society in some way or the other.
Online teaching India– A lot of websites have marked their presence all across the country and left quite an impression on different sections of society. It has made education and knowledge accessible to the students in a way no one ever thought of. It has led us to a more interactive learning experience. There has been a significant amount of development on how to make these apps and websites even better. Its easy accessibility, engaging content, low cost, flexibility, and dynamic nature have made these apps and websites more popular among students.
Still, with all these helpful and amazing features, it is quite true there are a significant number of people who are still confused about these apps and online learning websites. Their confusion or their dilemma is quite justified as people are reluctant to trust these online platforms and online teaching methods so early. They are questioning how effective these online learning websites and online apps are or can be when put against the traditional methods of teaching. So you know what people say if you are confused about something better ask the experts. So here are the views that some experts have about these newly discovered and developed methods of teaching via online platforms and websites on smartphones and devices.
• In one of the interviews conducted by Michigan state university, Christine Greenhow, associate professor of educational technology in the College of Education, 2018 Recipient of MSU’s Teacher-Scholar Award, when asked What are the advantages of online learning, compared to in-person classroom learning?, answered “Online learning can be as good or even better than in-person classroom learning. Research has shown that students in online learning performed better than those receiving face-to-face instruction, but it has to be done right. The best online learning combines elements where students go at their own pace, on their own time, and are set up to think deeply and critically about subject matter combined with elements where students go online at the same time and interact with other students, their teacher and content.”
• Ana Sekulovska, Expert in Distance Education and Online Learning Community Development said ” “During the COVID-19 outbreak, when all human activities moved from a physical to a virtual phase, Western Balkan countries (WB6) have seen tremendous success with online learning platforms. The way forward was to promote
remote learning and the use of online learning platforms to continue supporting students to gain access to the necessary equipment for remote learning and to provide teachers with digital learning opportunities on how to teach online, to share their resources, and to give and receive feedback. A structural challenge of some significance is the fact that two-thirds of people with a higher education level have no previous experience with teleworking, only about one-third of individuals aged 25-64 with higher formal education have worked from home at least once in 2018, and only one-fifth have used the internet to work from home.”, when she was questioned, “What will the consequences of the COVID-19 pandemic on education be for developing countries?”
• In a blog posted by Lindsay Racen, on the Brandman University’s website, the answer to the question “Is online education trusted?” is stated as “Online education was once both revolutionary and scary thought, but today it is a strong trusted source for quality training and learning. According to a recent Gallup poll featured by U.S. News and World Report, 37% of Americans said they agree or strongly agree that online colleges and universities offer high-quality education. In addition, one of our favorite stats compiled from the study is that nearly half of American business leaders say they would hire someone with an online degree to work at their company.”
In addition to this, Brandon Busteed, executive director of Gallup Education, talks about the potential tipping point for online programs in higher education. He explains, “To see the increasing percentage of those who view that as a quality degree, you’re coming into territory where there could easily be a tipping point where people just start to accept
online degrees as quality degrees. And I think that’s going to grow enrollments dramatically.”
Amy Gold from U.S. News expands on the outlook of the online learning landscape by saying,
“As online options become more prevalent among universities, they are earning a reputation as an alternative, but no less prestigious, route.”
Since we all are living in a digital age coupled with the innovations and technology that has been introduced in recent years, undoubtedly online learning is going to evolve as the new and effective method of teaching and eventually become a part of our lifestyle.
We hope we were able to clear out the confusion related to these new learning platforms to some extent with these expert opinions. Please do give us your feedback.
Fun and effective ways and tricks to improve 1 grade kid spellings
Handwriting, reading, and of course, first-grade spelling are some of the basics your child will learn at school. These three are very important because your child’s ability to learn in these three areas can create or break his learning habits and the desire to learn as he matures. Your child will be taught to write, read, and spell the first words they learn, and the sooner they get used to it, the better their attitude and behaviour towards learning will develop.
In particular, learning the spelling of first-grade words is very important for a child’s development. Spelling bees are a common activity in schools and classrooms, and for first graders, acquiring or simply participating in first-grade spelling bees is already an achievement. If your child wins or is selected for a first-grade spelling contest, it is advisable to reward your child. That way, kids can learn more about first-grade spelling words.
On the other hand, if a child is despised when they cannot spell the first-grade spelling correctly, they may be discouraged from going to school every day, coming to class, presenting, speaking, or speaking. That’s how important the 1st grade spelling words are-they are the basis of your child’s education, and therefore you have enough time and effort to help him learn the first-grade spelling words. You should invest.
You can try following tips and tricks to teach your child how to spell first grade words in a fun and effective way.
1. Spelling list: At school, teachers usually ask first graders to bring their spelling list home. The spelling list should be read and reviewed over the weekend. These first-grade spell lists are usually a list of word families. That is, the words in the list have similar characteristics, such as syllables and common sounds. You can use these first-grade spell lists to help your child practice their spelling skills. To improve spelling you can do a spelling assessment to check yourself. You can ask him to write a short sentence using that word, or you can ask him to read a short story that has these words. By doing so, you will become accustomed to the pronunciation and spelling of words.
2. Books: Books are a great way to teach your child how to read and spell words. When your child reads, he is familiar with the spelling of words and the sound of each letter or combination of letters. You can read with your child or have him read after reading each line or sentence. It’s best to use colourful picture books so that your child can better understand the meaning of the words and thus the story.
3. First Grade Spelling Dictionary-It will be fun to list all the words your child has learned weekly or monthly in a personal dictionary. Having your child show how well he is doing can encourage him to learn more. The personal dictionary also acts as a guide or reviewer, so you can always remember the words you learned earlier in the first-grade spelling.
Four fun ways to help your 1-grade kid practice spellings
Making first graders want to learn to spell may not be as easy as it sounds. Some people are reluctant to repeat words as a way of learning. If their painful appearance and moaning force you to find a more friendly solution, try to be creative! The best ideas are not only fun but also cheap.
- Sticky-Get started with a pencil and a few notes. Write the name of the object and attach a sticky note. For example, have your child continue to search for spelled words until all ten words are found. This works great if your child is homeschooling, as he manages his list and makes household items easy to use. If your school gives you a list, try pasting the words around the house in a fun place. Your child will still read them and notice and turn the spell list into a game.
- Word Coloring: Another great way to help first-grade spelling is to create colouring pages with words. Your child can learn at the same time as painting. It may be helpful for young children to see the word often enough. It’s like typing a word over and over, but it’s not too much of a hassle for a child.
- Eat: Ever wanted to make your morning commute more productive? Then this game is for you. Get the list and break it down into individual words (back up first). You can then have two trash cans in the backseat that look like animals, or you can decorate them so that the openings look like mouths. If the word is spelled correctly, give the child the correct trash can word so that the animal can “eat” it. Words they couldn’t spell go to other trash cans for later games. Maybe on their way home from school until all the words are eaten correctly. Sound effects are allowed.
- Be Poetic-It’s fun to create a special kind of poetry with spelled words. Why don’t you try haiku and rituals to make the spelling more interesting? Post weekly poems in the fridge for family review. You will be amazed at the fun things your child can come up with!
Conclusion: Teaching children at home can be a wonderful and rewarding experience. However, finding the right tool at an affordable price can be a daunting task. The www.spellquiz.com is the great platform where you can learn and understand the vocabulary. Some parents prefer to teach spelling simply by reading, while others prefer the more traditional way of remembering lists and testing their children to make sure they have mastered this important skill. Let your child learn through fun, hands-on activities that allow you to be creative, improve your spelling score, and enjoy spelling at the same time.
Tech3 months ago
Food Lion Employee Login at ws4.delhaize.com – MyHR4U
International2 months ago
Increase Your Libido Naturally With Foods And Supplements
International2 months ago
Top Five Tips To Reverse Impotence Naturally
International2 months ago
5 Must-Know Building Muscle Tissues Tips For Future Teens Interested In Body Building
International2 months ago
Hemp Designs And Fashions – Is Hemp Fashion Really Fashion?
International2 months ago
Joint Alleviation Using Affordable Exercise Equipment
International2 months ago
10 Should Know Tips Enhance Your Metabolism
International2 months ago
The 4 Golden Rules When Building An Online Email Distribution List